People make the mistake of saying that the most difficult aspect of writing a paper is how to start. But if there is no topic, how do you start on an empty platform? Simple logic follows that the most difficult aspect of writing a paper is the selection of the topic.
Getting the right topic will involve producing the right topic from scratch which will be based on your area of interest or alternatively you might seek help through several online sources. There are pre-assembled lists that you can easily draw inspiration from and choose from the list the topic that most inspires you.
If you are to start from scratch, the following tips will be of useful help:
The research work is not a day’s affair. You will be with it for months and the reason why you are to choose a topic that you are passionate about. When you have a list of ideas as topics, narrow it down to the one that you are most passionate about and make sure your topic of interest is not too narrow.
When you are considering a topic, before you make a final decision, make sure you check the info on the subject because you are going to need to write a compelling paper. If the info on the topic is too narrow, it is best to look the other way if you are to achieve the ultimate best that you are entitled to in your academic report.
The Research Question
This is yet another area that is supposed to look into; there are three approaches to formulating the research question and just one of them will do. The research question can be any of:
- Comparative: You are going to look into the similarities and differences which exist between two or more entities.
- Casual: You are to investigate the effects that altering a variable has on other existing variables. The target is to suggest a casual relationship at the end of the day.
- Descriptive: This is the careful and detailed observation of a phenomenon event with the object of dissecting it in full detail.
How can we obtain an excellent research paper topic?
- The focus: There should be a concrete focus on the investigation. It should be seen to be clear enough to be understood by the readers
- Originality: The area of the research should be virgin- something that no one has previously worked on.
- Useful: The research topic should be one that is going to serve a definite purpose
- Relevant: The topic should be one that is relevant to the needs of the society at that point in time
- Trending: The topic must be one that is trending because of its novelty and its unexplored potentials.
The topics are online
Having this far and noted all that is required to get the topic and do justice to the topic of your choice, it is important to note that you can read 150 of such topics online. Picking on any one of them will be pretty easy if the tips above are followed.
Getting the right topic will not come easy without doing the needful that was stated above. If all the requirements stated above are followed to the letter; you are going to get the best results on offer.